Monday, April 19, 2010

How I Describe God

When I tried searching for the qualities that describe and type the keywords in “God is” I got the top rank result. Guess what? www.godisimaginary.com gives the Top 50 simple proofs that God is imaginary.

I just think about what does imaginary mean in the authors’ context? I see a heavy word “delusion”. I spend some time in the website and try to learn or recall those things that I believed in. That was when I was using the same perspective.

Let me just describe God in terms that I can interpret, translate and make sense of.

God is Omnipotent. This means he has authority over all. In its absolute definition of "ALL" God has authority over them. God sits above the universe and has the power to control and manipulate everything in it.

God is Omnipresent. Being omnipresent means being present wherever and whenever; at the same time. God sees time as interwoven and interconnected beads. God can predict the future. He is there and he was there at the same time. Because he can do these in everyone this means that he knows the cause and effect of things; past, present and future, to every individual. However, what he sees are future events that are based on our actions from the past and in the present.

*** Some important clarifications are these: God did not make man in the same way as we (humans) create robots. God does not know who will be saved and will be punished. God cannot be manipulated. He will not say “yes” and act on all our prayers even though he is Omnipotent.

I agree that my “God” is imaginary. Don’t get me wrong. I say again and with emphasis (as I type) my “god” is imaginary.

To the members of the church that claims to represent God and Jesus don't be too quick to judge. Mind the small "c" in church. The true "Church" has not yet come. No religion has ever represented God nor Christ. But yes, I believe in Christ and the Cross. I believe in God and grace and love and everything good and perfect. I'll write about that later. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I hate hypocrisy. I hate injustice. I hate abuse. I hate self-destruction. I hate poverty. I hate arrogance. I hate ignorance. Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. - CS Lewis